INFORMATION COLLECTED THROUGH THE SERVICES
The Services may also include third-party advertising, links to other websites, and other content from third-party businesses. These third-party sites, businesses, and advertisers, or advertising companies working on their behalf, may use web beacons and cookies to measure the effectiveness of their ads, personalize or optimize advertising content and to track users who click on the links made available through the Services. These third parties may collect information about you and/or your computer network over time and across different websites to provide targeted or personalized advertising (also referred to sometimes as online behavioral advertising or interest-based advertising). We do not have access to or control over web beacons or cookies that these third parties may use. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these third-party websites. You are encouraged to review the privacy policies of the different websites you visit.
Some third-party advertising companies may provide a mechanism to opt-out of their information gathering technologies. We only engage third-party advertising companies that have represented to us that they comply with the protocols of the Networking Advertising Initiative (NAI) or Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA), which give consumers choices about how their personal information is tracked and used. For more information about the opt-out process, you may visit the Network Advertising Initiative website, available at www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp, and the DAA by visiting www.aboutads.info (DAA homepage).
Information You Voluntarily Provide to Chideo: If you open an account, purchase products or services from us or from the Charities who offer access to their Celebrity Videos via our Site or Service (all as defined in our Terms of Service), send us an email, or share personal information with us in any other way, we collect the information you share. To register to use the Services, you must provide your name and email address. You do not have to share this information with us, but without it you may not be able to access certain content or features or use certain Services.
Information You Post through the Services: If you post information on public areas of the Services that information may be collected and used by Chideo, other users of the Services, and the public generally. We strongly recommend that you do not post any information though the Services that allow strangers to identify or locate you.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
We use the information we collect about you in connection with the Services to provide you with access to the Services and to help Chideo provide you with better service and to help our advertisers the Charities who make their Celebrity Videos available for viewing via our Site and Services provide you with more relevant offers. We may use the information we collect about you through the Services to:
customize the content and advertising you see when using the Services;
fulfill your requests for Services and validate your user rights;
contact and communicate with you;
conduct research and analysis on behalf of Chideo and/or Chideo’s clients;
provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients; and
provide you with additional information we think is of interest to you.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
- Third Party Marketing Partners. If you opt-in to receive marketing communications from third parties, we may, from time to time, share the information you provide to us with a few carefully selected third party marketing partners that we believe offer products or services that may be of interest to you. If you would like us to stop providing your information to our third party marketing partners, you may opt-out by emailing us at email@example.com or sending a letter to Chideo LLC, 11601 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 210, Los Angeles CA 90025.
- Law Enforcement and Protection of Users. To the extent permitted by law, we will disclose your information to government authorities or third parties pursuant to a legal request, subpoena or other legal process. We may also use or disclose your information as permitted by law to combat fraud or protect our rights or property as well as those of our affiliates or customers. You should be aware that, following disclosure to any third party, your information may be accessible by others to the extent permitted or required by applicable law.
- Business Transfer. In the event that Chideo is sold, has its assets acquired or transferred, whether voluntarily or involuntarily, or merges or becomes affiliated with any other division, individual or entity, any user information owned or under the control of Chideo may be one of the transferred assets. We reserve the right, as part of this type of transaction, to transfer or assign your information and other information we have collected from users of the Services.
- Aggregate Information. We may share information relating to visitors and users of the Services with affiliated or unaffiliated third parties on an anonymous, aggregate basis. We note that, while this information will not identify you personally, in some instances these third parties may be able to combine this aggregate information with other data they have about you, or that they receive from third parties, in a manner that allows them to identify you personally.
- Charities. We may share your information with a Charity to whom you have made a donation.
- DMCA Notices. We may share your information with third parties when we forward Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) infringement notifications and counter-notifications as described in our Intellectual Property Infringement Policy located here: www.chideo.com/about/copyright DMCA infringement notifications and counter-notifications (including any personal information included as part of the notifications) will be forwarded as submitted to us without any deletions.
CHILDREN UNDER AGE 13
The Services are not intended for children under age 13, or for anyone under age 18 or the applicable age of majority without involvement of a parent or guardian. The Services may include unmonitored content posted by users or sourced from other third parties and such content may be unsuitable for children. We do not knowingly collect or distribute information from or about children under age 13.
Any information collected by Chideo is stored on servers that Chideo manages, using security procedures and practices appropriate to the nature of the information. Please be aware that no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, Chideo cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit on or through the Site or Services and you do so at your own risk.
USE OF INFORMATION OUTSIDE OF YOUR COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE
Under California Civil Code sections 1798.83-1798.84, also known as the “Shine the Light Law,” any of our users who are California residents are entitled to request and receive once a year, free of charge, a notice from us describing what categories of personal customer information (if any) we shared with third parties or corporate affiliates for their direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. If applicable, the notice will identify the categories of information shared, the names and addresses of the third parties and affiliates with which information was shared. If you are a California resident and would like to request a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to the following address: Chideo LLC, 11601 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 210, Los Angeles CA 90025. In your request, please specify that you want a “California Privacy Rights Notice.” Please allow at least thirty days for a response.
RETENTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
Following termination or deactivation of your user account, unless you request that your information be deleted by contacting us in accordance with Section 9 below, we may retain your information for back-up, archival, legal and audit purposes, and to reactivate your account upon your request. In addition, we may retain and continue to use indefinitely all information contained in your communications to other users of the Services posted to public or semi-public areas of the Services after termination or deactivation of your user account.
Or you can contact us by mail at Chideo LLC, Chideo LLC, 11601 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 210, Los Angeles CA 90025.
In addition, if you wish to exclude your personal information from our direct marketing activities, or if you would like to update or delete your email address, mailing address or other personal information, or otherwise manage communications you receive from Chideo, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cookie: a cookie is essentially a reminder – it tells the cookie owner when a website or ad is being viewed by a user who has previously visited the website or ad. In technical terms, a cookie is a small electronic file containing a string of characters that a server places on your computer when you visit a site or view an ad.
- Internet protocol address: an individual “name” that is assigned to each computer on the Internet, so that each computer can be uniquely identified.
- Referring website address: the domain name or URL of the webpage you were visiting immediately prior to when you accessed, visited or used the Site.
- Browser: is the software application on your computer that lets you “see” websites. Common browsers are Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera and Apple Safari.
- Web Beacon: is a small, transparent image that is embedded in a web page or e-mail and is usually invisible to the user but tells the web beacon owner that a user has viewed the web page or e-mail.
Definitions of other terms relating to your use of the Services and websites generally may be found online at www.allaboutcookies.org, www.webopedia.com, and www.techterms.com, as well as through other online resources.